A few weeks ago, I came across a list of resolutions that I made in 1999 for the year 2000 (for those of you that don't remember, that was an especially interesting new year given all of the "Y2K" hysteria). The list included some of the basics like "workout more often", "eat right", and "get more rest", but also included some more specific items like "speak to my Grandmother more often", "dance when I get the chance", and "save at least 10% of every paycheck". Looking back those 18 years, I've come to realize a very important point: I am more apt to stick to my resolutions when they are specific and meaningful.
This brings me to 2018 and Matte For Men...
Instead of setting vague goals and resolutions like "we will strive to be the best men's grooming company on the planet" and "we will continue to offer only the most effective men's skin care products available", I wanted to stick to ideas that are specific and easily measurable (since we do those two things everyday anyway). So, without further adieu, here is the "official" list of Matte For Men's 2018 resolutions:
- I will work more closely with Steve to answer/address all of our customer's concerns.
- If a customer has a particular question or issue, my "door" will ALWAYS be open.
- We will work on making our website as easy to use and "mobile-friendly" as possible, thereby making our customer's shopping experience as simple and pleasurable as we can.
- While we feel that are products are superior to others on the market, we will continue to try to improve them (whether that be done with new ingredients or possibly new packaging).
- While we pride ourselves on shipping all orders as soon as possible, we will continue to improve on getting your orders "out the door". Historically, it has taken us an average of 2 business days to ship your products ... we will strive to do it within one.
As we make our way through the new year, please feel free to let us know how we are doing against these goals as I am more confident about sticking to these resolutions than the old ones like eating better and getting more rest (and yes, I still want to "dance when I get the chance"!)
Finally, we'd like to wish you all a very happy and healthy 2018.